Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flying

When I threw out the idea of creating a blog, I got one quick response from a close friend. He responded with something along the lines of...."if you're gonna do it, you better go all out, none of that live journal crap". To my dear, sweet (for the most part) friend who advised me with these words....prepare yourself for a semi-live journal post. I'm apologizing in advance, because tonight I'm in one of those r e s t l e s s but invigorating state of minds.

Since I graduated college, there has been one thing that has continuously revolved around my mind. Conventionality. It is frightening to me to think, that I could possibly be dulled down to this "on the grind" "9-5" rinse and repeat type of lifestyle. Yes, I know conventionality has existed throughout all stages of life, for example the path of choosing college etc., but something about this transformation just seems more pressured and trapping. It's so easy, especially since I am not adjusted to the whole working routine (just yet) to live moment to moment stressing, and creating (never ending) to do lists, and making excuses for things we can't do. I have found that it's quite the trend to get stuck in a never ending cycle making plans for times that are more convenient. Buuuuut, something tells me that this time of our life is no different than any other. I think should travel, and eat well, and laugh and take trips and chances and most of all.....live. So, my question to you is this:

Are we f a l l i n g or f l y i n g?


I hope to fly. Until I'm grey, and old, and clueless, and silly. I'll still fly. Not saying there won't be times I feel like falling, but at the end of the day I'm going to choose to embrace my young and restless soul. I hope you will too.


PS- Check out Grace Potter & the Nocturnal's song, "Falling or Flying"

{here}

if you have never done so before. Sorrrry, I'm on a helluva Grace kick latley! Oh, and turn it to Jay Leno....quick! Cause she's about to rock out!
:)











1 comment:

  1. Ok hella post, fly little birdy, fly...

    "Its funny how fallin feels like flyin for a little while" - Crazy Heart

    ReplyDelete