Thursday, January 13, 2011

Golden

Hi all!

Introductions kind of suck. They come with a lot of pressure. Quite frankly, I am not a fan of them. For example, I feel as if I should have some fancy philosophical reason as to why I am creating this blog. Some "Come to Jesus" feeling about why a blog would be the perfect addition to my life in this moment. But lets be honest.....I'm starting this blog for the total opposite of these things I've just stated. I've played around with the idea of a blog for a while...mainly because I love to read blogs about all the things I'm interested in. Some about crafts, fashion, music etc. Blog reading is addictive...before I know it I will be reading some random person's blog that I have no clue who is. Annnnd
I.love.it. SO for these reason's, I am starting my own blog. To share things that make me smile, laugh, think, wonder, and most of all...be inspired.


SO what does the name, 'The Window Sill' have to do with anything? Honestly, not much. Besides the fact that something about it gives me that running through an open field type of feeling. I always picture the overdone movie scene where the young girl sits and stares out the window daydreaming. What can be seen through the window is anything your imagination allows you to see? Ya know. I try to see the happiness and pretty things of life because it's what inspires me. Hopefully I can share some of these things here.



I'll leave you with this video of Golden (by My Morning Jacket) covered so beautifully by the lovely, Grace Potter...




Watchin' a stretch of road, miles of light explode.
Driftin' off a thing I'd never done before...


What do you see?

3 comments:

  1. i love it, melly. some people get lost in a book, i get lost in a blog. happens every day. keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hella Mel. Dude ima read it. You're a blogger now. Hella 2011 new begginnings

    ReplyDelete