Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gray

This past week or two has been strange.

Work has all of the sudden become really s l o w. I can't handle when I have down time at work....especially when I am trapped in a small cubical. It's seriously a test of your sanity...a test I more than often fail. I've been really scattered brain lately, always thinking of things I want to do and learn about and places I want to go. I'm constantly searching for opportunities until I wear myself out mentally. It takes a lot but it does happen. It requires pulling but eventually my feet do hit the ground again. My dreamer mentality really is annoying sometimes.

I think there is a very fine line that seperates most things in life. That's what makes life hard. Last week I got on a kick of watching one of my favorite movies, "The Last Kiss". I still have it in my DVD player and I've turned it on before I fall asleep for a week or so now.

"Life is pretty much in the grays for the most part, and if you insist always on black and white.....you are going to be very unhappy"


This quote from the movie (said by Jenna's mom at the end when she is going craaazy) is one that has totally stuck with me. It's so true. I think how we distinguish these fine lines in the midst of all the gray, determines the person we are.


The other day on my ride home on MARTA the song, Djohariah, by Sufjan Stevens came on my ipod. I had never heard it before but....ummmm it's amazing! I felt like I was on a movie listening to it while riding the train home. This is what my brain has felt like lately....

Listen here



{PS- Ever get confused on how to spell gray correctly? Supposedly the correct way in America is with an A and you use E to be correct in England. That's what google tells me, at least. Pretty ironic that it can be spelled more than one way, huh?}



No comments:

Post a Comment