Tuesday, July 26, 2011

focus

When I put imagery to the word focus, I imagine a outrageously sized amoeba lookalike with a just one tiiiiiiiny pinpoint dot in the middle. This is my construed thought of what focus looks like......nearly unachievable. Technically, the dot is really 'focus' but my mind has misconstrued it into an image more realistic to my brain.

Are you good at focusing?! Would you call yourself a focused human being? I personally struggle with this whole focus thing. I am all over the page, or should I say, amoeba. For me drilling down to one idea or one goal seems to be so very overwhelming. I instead like to float on the ever moving outer part because it seems way more adventurous, flexible and easy going.

I say all this because I want to BE more focused. I want to work on this. I want to have particular passions and goals and in return experience a sense of gratitude in my hard workings. This mid twenties thing is pretty bittersweet. Sweet as in I'm living this free, self accountable, adventurous life with nothing to hold me back. Bitter because of the newness, expectations, and pounding to discover who you are. I guess you really can't experience either side without the other, and I'd much rather have a little sweet than none at all.

Thoughts?


Image via



No comments:

Post a Comment