Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Balance

Sometimes I read my horoscope. Not because I'm looking for answers about my future or trust in the magical horoscope god people (whatev), but because I think the characteristics of the signs are pretty dead on.

Yesterday afternoon while procrastinating at work, I read a few of mine as well as some of my closest friends (I have to make sure theres is accurate too). Libra's sign, as I'm sure my fellow Libra friends know, is the scale....which signifies b a l a n c e & consistency. Part of me thinks that is flat out boring. Why would I want a consistent ho-drum life? That's totally not.me. horoscope peeps. But as I've thought about it more I've realized that balance & consistency is what drives a lot of things I do and not only Libras but everyone to an extent. Different activities, things, people, environments, and atmospheres create a sort of balance that is adherently fulfilling. It seems to balance in the here and now and create consistency in the long run.

I think that a part of maturing and becoming an adult is realizing that consistency is okay. It's something I've struggled with but have come more to grip with everyday in return. It's easy to fall into craving the highs and lows of life....which is way too similar to many negative addictions. Yes, life can be spontaneous and adventurous like all the independent movie love stories I dream about, but at the end of the day....this real world day we live over and over, consistency is key. Living a consistent life requires all the things we relate to the opposite-- strength, will power, effort, humility, responsibility, and appreciation. Just think, if we can find fulfillment in the everyday experiences, how amazing will the adventures be?!

No comments:

Post a Comment