Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This&That

I've been wondering what my next blog post would be about, waiting for that moment of inspiration & motivation combined but have began to think that it may not ever come, at the right time at least. Usually I have all these ideas & motivation to write while at work....typical, huh? So, this is going to be a post full of random thoughts.


I am really enjoying Spring, my wallet......not so much. Sporadic buys are way too common these days. With the change of seasons, I am all about the phrase...."out with the old, in with the new". Sounds like a good thought for this time of year...but then, there's the whole in with the new part that I tend to focus more on.


This past Saturday, I decided was going to be a good day. My plan was to wake up early (ew) and make my way down to a local farmers market I've been meaning to go to for a while. Despite the fact that I made it there with 15 minutes until it was over & the ATM was conveniently out of service, I enjoyed the small time I had. There is something so purifying about a sweet little local market. It reminded me of the Cotton District Arts Festival that Starkville has every spring. Of course it was smaller, but just as inspiring and cute. I can't wait to go back this weekend, and buy some locally made granola bars for breakfast next week! :)



{These are just pictures I got from google image, but how adorable is the marketing for this market?}



Next I made my way to an outdoors store down the road, just to browse. I swear, every guy in there was a hottie which means I need an excuse to go back, hehe.....any suggestions? For real though, the best part was that I scored some sweet deals which included some new Toms (on sale & wearable for work) AND a cute little back pack that will be great for the Hangout Festie.....which, btw, I CANNOT WAIT TO BE HERE....anywayzzzz, good good Saturday. I loved every minute of it.


Other things worth mentioning...


-I saw Amos Lee this weekend at Variety. It goes without being said but he was absolutely amazing. I felt the meaning behind each song he sang.


-I went on a date this weekend (hehe....leaving it at that)
















2 comments:

  1. i'd still like to hear more about this date, my melly. can we have a phone or skype date soon?

    ReplyDelete